Sunday, September 13, 2015

Chili Recipe and this week's meal plan

I'm excited about this week!  I'm starting week 4 of my personal PiYo renewal.  And my new group, Find Your Healthy This Fall, is starting up.  I'm adding new ladies to this amazing community of supportive and encouraging women on a mission to be healthier and feel better.

It feels good to be back in my routine and back to my meal plans!  Making a weekly meal plan helps me track what I'm eating to ensure that I'm not eating too much and that I'm eating enough of the right foods.  And meal plans absolutely make my week SO much easier.  One trip to the grocery store for the week and not having to decide what to cook last minute makes everything easy.

I've added a couple new recipes this week and a few of my favorites. 

I also wanted to share my new favorite chili recipe from Chalene Johnson - TurboFire Chili.  Super simple and tasty.  And perfect for the cooler weather that is hopefully on the way!

Ingredients: (I double this recipe for leftovers)
1/2 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 pound ground turkey (or lean beef)
1 pkg chili seasoning (or homemade if preferred)
1 can diced tomatoes
2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
1 can black beans (rinsed & drained)
1 can chili, pinto, or kidney beans (rinsed & drained)
1 tbsp tomato paste

Directions:
1. Brown turkey and remove from pan (or beef & drain beef if any fat)
2. Saute onion in a little olive oil until translucent, add garlic and cook for a minute
3. Return turkey (or beef) to pan, add all other ingredients
4. Cook on medium heat for 20 minutes or add 1 cup water and simmer on low for a couple hours.  (You can also cook in crock pot)


No comments:

Post a Comment